The Millcreek-Richland Joint Authority, located in the Borough of Richland,PA, is looking for a detail-oriented,part-time, reliable Administrative Assistant to interact with customers regarding sewer questions, applications,and payments, and perform various administrative and clerical tasks for the authority as needed. Candidates for the position should be able to multitask and deal with customer concerns in a professional manner.
This employee is expected to work 15 - 20 hours per week at a starting rate of $20.00 per hour. The employee shall be required to work in the Municipal Authority office a minimum of 2 to3 times per week on a set schedule to pick up mail, answer phone messages, respond to email questions, update the Authority website, and complete administrative and clerical tasks. The set schedule shall be determined by the employee and the Authority.
The employee must be accurate and reliable in handling documents. Strong math skills and a high degree of organizational ability are essential. the employee must possess computer skills related to use of email, internet, on-line payment systems, MS Office (Word and Excel), and website management. Pre-employment criminal background and credit checks are required for this position.
- Prepare Agenda and Meeting Minutes for Municipal Authority
- Manage Municipal Authority documents and maintain organized records
- Answer questions from customers regarding bills and/or act as liaison to the sewer billing company to assist customers with payments
- Accommodate settlement/title companies with customer information
- Process Municipal Authority applications, permits, and payment of fees
Requirements and skills:
- Proficient in MS Office(Word and Excel);Working knowledge of relevant accounting software "Flexibill" beneficial but not required
- Previous experience as billing clerk or general accounting experience helpful but not necessary
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Strong attention to detail
- High School diploma or GED
Millcreek-Richland Joint Authority
2 North Race Street
P. O. Box 280
Richland, PA 17087-0280
Or by email to: